Friday 10 July 2015 saw the completion of the main hall heating project.
Phase 1 of this project was finished in August 2012 when we replaced the ugly soft ceiling ducting with much neater hard ducting. The soft ducting we replaced is commonly used in ceiling spaces and was strung with straps from the passageway ceiling. We also raised the height of the unit and ducting about 1.5 feet taking it out of the line of sight when you walk in the hallway. At that time, we decided to only attend to the ascetics of the area and, as the Vulcan heater was still working with occasional emergency maintenance, to leave the old unit in place. There is a page on those works here.